Thursday, January 12, 2012

Demain, Demain...

Bon soir tout le monde!
I can't believe it, but tomorrow I hop on a plane for Paris!  After a few hectic days of getting prescriptions filled, euros ordered, bank accounts opened, pants hemmed, and my hard drive fixed (a million thanks to Babson ITSD, you guys are amazing tech gods) I think I am ready to go!  I have a few more things to cram in my bags, but I'm almost done.  It is very hard to pack for five months and two seasons in only one checked bag and a rolling carry on bag!  It's also difficult to pick which shoes get to come with me and which ones to leave at home.  Maybe I will just have to pay Christian Louboutin a visit...

However with a departure date set for Friday the 13th, I'll be triple checking everything and keeping my fingers crossed that everything goes smoothly.  My flight is around 5pm tomorrow evening, so I'm hoping to sleep on the plane.  I received an email from my program, Junior Year in France which is run through Sweet Briar College telling me that another girl in the program is on the same flight as me, and we are in neighboring arrondissments.  It'll be nice to have une amie with me to navigate Charles de Gaulle airport when I'm jet lagged!

That's all for now, Dad and I are relaxing watching House Hunters International, one of our favorite shows while Mom is at her French class.  This episode features an American girl moving in with her Spanish boyfriend in Madrid.  They met while she was studying abroad in Spain.  Who knows, maybe a few years down the road I'll be on the show shopping for a Parisian apartment with a European boyfriend.....

Au Revoir!
*Here are some pictures from my last trip to Paris in 2008!


1 comment:

  1. "If you think you've met the perfect European dreamboat, you probably haven't"

    ReplyDelete