Monday, January 30, 2012

Quelque chose pour rire (Something to laugh)

Bonsoir mes amis!
Today was pretty quiet!  After my writing workshop I went to visit le Musee de l'Orangerie which is home to Monet's massive water lily paintings as well as works by Cezanne, Renoir and some other great painters.  Then I ventured into the sales again at Galaries Lafayette and Printemps in search of the perfect pair of brown leather riding boots that would not cost all my euros.  Sadly no success there.  All the more reason to go shopping again!  I have two more weeks until the sales end.  But back to the culturally important stuff!  Pictures were not allowed at le musee, so here's some pics courtesy of google...

Front of the le Musee (I didn't take any because it was cloudy again today)

Room de les Nymphas (Water Lilies)

Monet's work displayed how it was meant to be!


Because there's not much to report tonight, I thought I would share some of my favorite video clips about Paris.  Enjoy!


Foux de Fa Fa- Flight of the Conchords


How to Fake French

Team America
"Don't worry everybody! Everything is 'bon'!"  Haha gets me every time....also the geography of Paris is completely off.  It is impossible for the Eiffel Tower to fall on L'Arc de Triomphe.  Le Tour Eiffel is on the left bank and l'Arc de Triomphe is on the right bank of the Seine.  Just sayin'.

Paris Je t'aime....one of my favorite movies ever. 


This woman just LOVES this city.  A great way to show the effect a city can have on a person.  She wanted to visit Paris, so she did.  And props to her for doing her best with her French.  You'll never get better if you don't practice!  The grammer is good, but the accent could use a little work. The movie Paris Je t'aime is made up of a series of vignettes about love in Paris.  It has a star studded cast and is absolutely fantastic.  I highly reccomend it. 

Anyway that's all for now folks!  Tomorrow is my writing workshop again and then another Paris Through the Monuments class.  I believe we're going to le Basilique St-Denis! 

Bisous,
Allison


2 comments:

  1. SHOPPING IS IMPORTANT ALLISON!! HAVE I TAUGHT YOU NOTHING!?!?!?!?!?!?!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ha ok ok I take it back! I just got mad at shopping because I the most beautiful boots were no longer avalible in my size. But shopping and I are friends again and I know shopping is important ;)

      Delete