Sunday, March 11, 2012

An Evening of Classy Debauchery

Bonsoir mes amis!  Last night my family and I went to a show at the Lido on the Champs Elysees.  The Lido was founded in 1946, and is a dinner theater and cabaret.  We were looking into going to the Moulin Rouge, but that was sold out and the Crazy Horse was trop cher (too expensive) and I believe a little too risque.  I was going with my parents and brother after all.  I've never been to Las Vegas, but all the costumes and the style of the show felt very Vegas-y.  Lots of feathers, headdresses and rhinestones!


Evidemment, we could not take pictures during the show, but we were able to snap a few beforehand...

 The Stage...

 Poppin' bottles all night!

The Duckloe family keeping it classy...


And thanks Google for a picture of the show! The there were male and female performers, the women were topless, but not all the time. There was also a singer, an ice skating act, a aerialist, a yo yo/juggler guy, and a clown. Something for everyone!  The clown was absolutely hilarious!  He was my favorite.  Overall, I had a great time, and I think my family enjoyed it too.  Sadly, Greg was still jetlagged and was nodding off at the very end of the show despite all the boobs....It will take him a long time to live that one down....

Aujourd'hui, we all had lunch together at my host family's apartment today before going back to the Marche aux Puces de Saint Ouen.  It still amazes me how much "junk" is there.  But as we all know, one man's trash is another man's treasure.  There is some amazing furniture and dishes, I'd love to furnish an apartment with stuff I find in a Parisian flea market......for now I'll be content with decorating my room with the paintings I bought in Montmartre....

Bisous,
Allison

No comments:

Post a Comment