Sunday, February 5, 2012

Fondue et la Neige!

What a wonderful weekend!  Last night I went out for a fondue dinner with some Sweet Briar friends in Montmartre.  It was in this tiny little restaurant, I literally had to climb over the table to get to my seat. 
I didn't have my camera with me last night, so I went to Montmartre this afternoon to snap a pic.

And mon dieu it was good.  For 21 euro, you get an aperitif, an appetizer of cheese, potatoes, pepperoni, salami, pickles and olives, fondue (cheese or beef), wine (served in a baby bottle....a little strange, but you get used to it) and a dessert(we had fruit salad).  This was the first meal in France where I was stuffed at the end.  We had the cheese fondue, and the basket of bread to dunk in the melty cheese was never ending.  I think the cheese was Gruyere, but I'm not positive.   It looked a little something like this.......

And a close up.........

Delicious!!!!  We're planning on going back in a few weeks to sample the beef fondue.  After dinner, we proceeded to investigate the Parisian nightlife.  On the metro we met a bunch of students who are here with a program run by Middlebury College.  One of the students goes to Pomona, and she knew one of my good friends from high school!!  It's a small world after all.

This morning when I opened my curtains, I saw LA NEIGE (SNOW)!!  It was pretty exciting.  Paris doesn't get snow that often, and I don't think the Parisians know how to deal with it.  There was only half an inch or so on the ground, but none of the sidewalks had been shoveled or salted. 

 I guess the Parisians like the snow!

That's all for now folks, tonight is the Super Bowl, and we are all going to a bar to watch our football (not soccer thank you very much) and be obnoxious Americans.  Yay!  LET'S GO PATS!!!


logojohann.jpg

Bisous,
Allison

No comments:

Post a Comment