Thursday, February 16, 2012

WE ARE THE CHAMPIONS

So some extremely fantastic news, and some bad news.  Bad news first.
All of Paris (specifically metro line 1 and the 17th arrondissment) probably thinks I'm insane or stupid because I had a huge smile on my face all the way home.  Parisians don't smile. I definitely got a few odd looks on the metro.  Why did I have this grande sourire (huge smile) on my face you ask? Je vous dit (I'll tell you).

MY MCFE TEAM (Babson's Managing Consulting Field Experience class) WON THE THE SHELBY CULLOM DAVIS ENTREPRENEURSHIP PRIZE.  What is that you ask? I'll let Babson tell you:

The Shelby Cullom Davis Foundation has provided a $100,000 endowment to Babson College to encourage the application of entrepreneurship to nonprofit organizations.
The Foundation established in 1962 was named for the late Shelby Cullom Davis, former United States ambassador to Switzerland, entrepreneur, philanthropist, and chairman of the oldest and largest company specializing in insurance securities.

The endowment will fund The Shelby Cullom Davis Entrepreneurship Prize, a $3,000 cash award to be presented annually during Babson’s Founder’s Day to the undergraduate student team or individual that completes the most successful Management Consulting Field Experience (MCFE) or Entrepreneurial Field Study project for a nonprofit organization.

Babson students competing for the award will receive mentoring support from graduate students who have faced complex business problems. Winners will be judged on different project attributes including their project's risk-taking, objectivity, persistence, vision, and feasibility in the marketplace.

According to Babson, our project with the Massachusetts Amateur Sport Foundation was the most successful non-profit project.  To be perfectly honest, I had no idea there was an award!  I may have done a little victory dance in the Sweet Briar offices where I read my email.  An email from on of the directors of the program said, "the prize is given after careful consideration of the value you added to your client in the not-for-profit world and to a team that performed at a consistently high level throughout the semester on our two key criteria: task and process.  You did all of those things very well. On behalf of the faculty at Babson, thank you for your great work." I am just so happy and honored, that I might walk around for the rest of the week with a smile on my face.  Who cares what the Parisians think anyway??  Of course, this would not have been possible without my fantastic, hard working, dedicated team mates and our smart, talented and amazing project manager.  It was my honor and delight to work with all of you. 


Grands Bisous!
Allison

No comments:

Post a Comment