Thursday, May 10, 2012

Louis Vuitton and Marc Jacobs Exhibit

Bonsoir mes amis!  I am officially DONE with my Sorbonne Classes!! Hip hip hooray!!  That just leaves my two Sweetbriar classes, and my internship paper to go....
Yesterday I met up with my Babson buddy Jess to go to the Louis Vuitton and Marc Jacobs exhibit at the Musee des Arts Decoratifs.  It was on both of our Parisian Bucket Lists, and as Jess is leaving tomorrow (where has the time gone??!?!) we decided to visit.  The Musee des Arts Decoratifs is right next to the Louvre, and we got free entry with our student cards.  I do love the word "gratuit".  Some of the pictures are a little funky, because technically we were not allowed to take pictures.  Jess and I live on the wild side, so we snapped a few stealthy ones...

 Start of the Exhibit

 Vintage Louis Vuitton Trunks
I want one.  I don't really want to think about how much it would cost though....
Also, I had no idea Vuitton was such an entrepreneur!  The walls had quotes from him, and a lot were business focused, how to make is product better, etc.  The square pattern came about because he wanted to make his luggage difficult to counterfeit!

 Then we entered into the world of Marc Jacobs.  He has been the creative director since 1997.  The first rooms were a bunch of screens with things that inspire him.  To name a few of the screenshots: Spongebob Squarepants (fun fact, in French that show is called "Bob le Sponge"), Judy Garland, Alfred Hitchcock films, and much more!
This wall was filled with purses.  Some were a little out there, but some I liked!

Marc Jacobs for Louis Vuitton couture


Thanks for the pic google! This display was my favorite, I'll take one dress in each color, merci.

Bisous,
Allison

No comments:

Post a Comment