Wednesday, May 23, 2012

Profiter Bien: Tuileries, Le Camion Qui Fume, and Musee Marmottan

Bonjour mes amis!
I finished my exams yesterday!! I guess this means I'm a senior in college now, I have no idea how that happened so fast....Anyway, now I have a few days left to finish my Parisian bucket list!!  After my exam yesterday, I walked from the Sweetbriar office to Place de la Concorde to catch metro line 1.  It was kind of grey, but all the colors in the Tuilieries Gardens made the day a little brighter.....

 So different from how they looked in February!!

It was kind of hazy yesterday, but you can see the Obelisk at Place de la Concorde, the Arc de Triomphe, and La Defence in the distance.


 Des jolies fleurs

 Modern jolies fleurs!
When I first saw this "Will you marry me" sign, I was all excited about the beautiful romantic gesture in the City of Love, but then I looked around and saw I was on a movie set.  Still cute!


 Le Camion Qui Fume
"The truck that smokes"
I met up with Ellen this afternoon to try the other Paris Food Truck!  Le Camion also does burgers and fries, but more classic ones than Cantine Califournia .  Ellen got some french fries, and I ordered a Barbeque Burger.  We got to Porte Maillot in the middle of the lunch rush, and the guy taking orders asked Ellen if she would like her "frites tout de suite", or fries right away.  I thought that phrase was adorable.  I tried a few of her classic fries and I have to say they were delicious.  
 Waiting for my BBQ burger

Finally, after about half an hour, I got my burger!  I was starving...It was juicy and well done, just the way I like it! The bun was fresh and delicious as well as the onion ring in the middle.  I only wish their process could have been faster...ah well that's the supply chain concentration in me!

After digesting the delicousness, I headed over to the 16th arrondissment to check out Musee Marmottan, another item on my Paris bucket list.  
On my way I saw a cool statue of a guy in 18th century clothes with a raven and a fox...


 foxy

 Outside Musee Marmottan
The museum is in an old Parisian townhouse, and the building itself is a work of art.  The collection is filled with stunning Monet Water Lilies, Renoir paintings, furniture, medival art and other impressionist art.
Once again, no pictures allowed BUT I TOOK SOME ANYWAY.  The worst they can do is kick me out of the country, and I'm leaving in a few days anyway...
The picture above that little rant is MONET'S PAINT PALET. Can you imagine all the masterpieces he created useing that thing?  Mind blowing....

Sneaky pic of one of the rooms. 

There was also a temporary exposition of Berthe Morisot paintings.  She (that's right folks, a woman painter!! I honestly have not seen many paintings in the museums I have visited that were painted by a woman) painted at the same time as Monet, Cezanne, Pisarro, and Renoir.  Apparantly they were all friends! She also was the sister-in-law of Edouard Manet.  What a talented bunch!
Portrait of Berthe by Manet
Painting of Eugene and Julie(Morisot's husband and daughter)


Interior of the Cottage

I had never heard of Berthe Morisot and now I love her work!  The exposition was really well done and the paintings were stunning.  I do love impressionism!  I will keep profiter bien-ing for my last few days!!

Bisous,
Allison



No comments:

Post a Comment