Thursday, May 17, 2012

Parisian Chic

Now that I've been here for about 4 and a half months, I feel I can comment on "Parisian Chic".  The Parisiennes are (almost) out of their all-black winter attire (now it's only mostly black for the springtime, mixed with a floral scarf...) and my host mom told me the other day that I looked (and I quote) "mignonne, chic, et tres parisienne."  One of my proudest moments here in France.  It's thanks to this great book I got for Christmas that I can look chic!
Parisian Chic by Ines de la Fressange

The book is filled with rules of Parisian style, beauty tips, Ines's favorite stores, shoe repair shops, restaurants, hotels, and so much more!!  Ines de la Fressange was a model for Chanel and a muse for Karl Lagerfeld.  Today she is involved in the business side of the fashion industry.  

Parisian Chic is more than a style book, it's a lifestyle book.  Ines even discusses how to throw a great Parisian dinner party!  I like to think my time in Paris has (positively) influenced my style.  However, you will still never catch me in all black.  Parisians like to dress up and look nice, everyone gives their fellow metro commutors a "once-over" to see what they are wearing.  I've gotten pretty good at picking out who is a tourist and who is Parisian based on what they are wearing.  If you are at all interested in style or the chic-est places to go in Paris, you need to read this book!!
Ines during her modeling days

I'm headed off to visit Giverny tomorrow, be on the lookout for a Monet-tastic blog post!

Bisous,
Allison

No comments:

Post a Comment