Monday, April 16, 2012

Ah, Venice and Murano Island...

After a much needed sleep in this morning, Ariel and I headed to Murano Island!  Luckily the weather cooperated with us and we had some sunshine!  Murano is famous for all of its glassblowers and its beautiful pastel houses.  We took a 20 minute boat ride from across our hostel to get out to the island....
 I'm on a boat!


Roads? Where we're going, we don't need roads.

 Master Glass Blower making a horse.  They are truly artists. 

 Molto Bene!

Another glass blower heating up the glass in the 1000 degree furnace...

 Making a vase

Finito!

 Ariel and I enjoying our Caprese Salads

 mmmmm....gelato.......

Campo San Barnaba
WHERE INDANIA JONES EMERGED FROM THE KNIGHT'S TOMB IN THE LAST CRUSADE.
as you can tell, the weather did not hold for the whole day, it started thunder storming in the evening....

Venizia Shirt!! 
Si, sono touristi.....(yes, I am a tourist)

I just realized that I never included a map of Venice in my blog posts! So here you go.  There are many wonderful things about Venice but well marked streets is not one of them....
Off to Florence tomorrow!  I'm not sure what the Internet situation will be like there, so stay tuned!

Ciao,
Allison




2 comments:

  1. Remember all Pop-pops glass vases and chandelier that Jamie now has?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes!! I thought all the chandeliers looked very familiar. And I remember Pop-pop's Venetian figures as well. A lot of the items reminded me of Pop-pop's house.
      -Allison

      Delete