Tuesday, April 10, 2012

Reunions

Bonsoir mes amis, c'est trop tard, mais je voudrias ecrire un petit post pour vous, mes cheres lisants.  And that's enough of the French writing.  I've been working on my expose for the French Collaborators during WWII all night, and j'ai presque fini.  You can see how scrambled my brain is between francais et anglais.  I also have to work on a expose for the Parlimentaires during the reign of Louis XIV.  My mantra for the next two days is, "je juste doit de passer."  I just need to pass.  THEN IT'S ON TO ITALIA!!! MOLTO BENE!!! THAT'S A SPICY MEATBALL! 

As you can tell it's past my bedtime.  But I will update you on my Easter Monday. One of my good friends Sophie visited Paris!! We met way back in high school at our Episcopal Diocese of Bethlehem youth events.  I can't remember if we met at Happening #16 or a Christophany.  But we remained close friends throughout high school by participating in the youth events together, and occasional dates at the Promenade Shops down in Bethlehem.  She is studying in Cyprus this semester, and had some time off to come to Paris.  It was absolutely wonderful to see Sophie, we picked up right where we left off!  It was fun to share our life updates and travel stories.  I think the last time we saw each other was my senior year of high school.  We wandered around Paris and I showed her some of the sights and acted as a personal translator.  We also decided to cross the Charles de Gaule Etoile roundabout because we couldn't find the entrance on the street.  After waiting for a break in the traffic, we sprinted across the pavement.  Thank the Lord we lived to tell the tale, but I will not be doing that again!! On vive un seul fois.  We both agreed that if we can meet up in Paris, we will have to meet up more when we are stateside again!

  Oui, je suis tres petite.  Je sais.

So here's to friends, here's to Paris, here's to finishing my exposes and passing my courses.

Bisous,
Allison

No comments:

Post a Comment